Translate

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Coachella

Despite an ever growing queue of things I really want to knit (thanks Ravelry!), including a few warm vests I could really use right now, I out-of-the-blue looked through my very limited stash, found a yarn that didn't work for it's original intent, and cast on for a racer-back tank that I won't be able to use until the really warm weather arrives next summer.


A few days later I have a FO. This is "Coachella" which I have knit in Lang Viva, an 86% cotton, 14% polyester blend. I think what attracted me to the pattern was the interesting drape at the front neckline and this lightweight, woven yarn does the job beautifully. I know it looks like crap just hanging there unmodeled, but trust me, it fits nicely. It just requires a specialized bra and I likely won't be acquiring that until closer to summer.....when I can actually wear the top. For now it is getting tucked away in the closet while I start working on......
*drum roll please* ........
...... Level 2 of the
Yes, it is now time to resume my regular posting of "Masters Mondays" as a means of keeping myself motivated and plugging away at this certification. My goal is to do at least something each week. It may not be a big something, but one little step at a time I shall climb this mountain. Drop by to encourage me hey?

6 comments:

Jen in FL said...

Hooray! Master's Monday returns! I can't wait. I hope to get back on the L1 program in January. :-)

knitmd said...

Ah, you are stash diving for projects in queued on Ravelry, and I am stash diving to photograph just what I do have in stash. And meeting with mixed feelings - I am renewing a relationship with some beautiful, but set aside fibers, and I have to fess up to just how far behind in consuming the fiber I have on hand....

Kudos for the master's program. I am behind you.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a nice top...can't wait til Summer to see it modeled. Good luck on your Masters...I really need to get back to mine. *sigh*

Laura said...

I'll be here rooting you on toward your level 2!

Maggie Ann said...

I'm all admiration for you...and know you'll do great! And then you can teach us...grin I'm close to being done on my red Paton's vest...but its been sooo busy here for the last month or two! I can hardly get a minute for myself when I'm not tired out.

PJ said...

She is SOOO cute and that vest is adorable!wow I've missed the post! I'm so happy to see another stocking! I was actually thinking about those that you did last year wondering if I would see another. Great work...they are so sharp!...and finally...the good news about your level 2!!! You KNOW I'll be following your great work!