Translate

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Smile Cultivator

KnitnZu asked, "What is a smile cultivator?". I would imagine her question is in response to my listed occupation on my profile page.

A Smile Cultivator (capital letters for this very important position) sows seeds of inner joy, contentment, and peace first within themselves, then in their own home, and eventually their joy overflows and a radiant smile spills out onto all they come in contact with. The result is spontaneous return smiles, which in turn creates more inner joy, more contentment, and more peace. I'm changing the world, one smile at a time.

Smile Cultivator is the best occupation there is. You don't have to be hired, you cannot be fired. There is no job interview. You just look in the mirror in the morning, say "serenity", and leave that curve on your lips. Try it. I think you will find that the world smiles back at you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like that, a smile cultivator. Next time I am unemployed, I think I shall use that as my "occupation" whenever I have to fill out forms.

dragon knitter said...

that is the one thing i was most known for at work. smiling. there was a manager who transferred to a different division, but would come back occasionally, and every time i saw him, he would tell me i always had a smile. it's just one of those things. you should have seen the goofy grin i had through my whole wedding ceremony! mark was bawling, i was laughing! laugh and the world laughs with you!

Maggie Ann said...

Smiles are special, aren't they!