Translate

Saturday, July 10, 2004

1 done, 1 to go.

It doesn't look like I will have time to photograph the first sock today, but that could be a good thing. By tomorrow I may just be able to photograph a pair instead.

The socks are turning out very nice......especially for a hashed together, design as I go item! Cutting and sewing the panel originally intended for a fairisle pillow has really worked well. After sewing up the back seam using mattress stitch I picked up the live stitches from a holder and knitted the foot part downward. When that was complete I went back to the top (originally the cast on edge of the pillow) and picked up and knit a K1, P1 ribbing. The results are pretty spectacular if I do say so myself. :-D Photos tomorrow.

2 comments:

kristo said...

Oh mom, you're so modest. :-) No, seriously, to anybody who doesn't know this yet, my Mom is amazing!!! She's made so many cool things, she's designed so many cool things, and she's teaching me to make cool things too. Mom, you rock!!! :-)

Marlene said...

Okay, okay, that did it. You are now formally acknowledged as the President of my Fan Club. (You will inform me if anyone else ever joins won't you?)