Translate

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Anklets?

Okay, this photo is a bit of an obvious clue as to what the "Mystery Project" is going to be.


I conquered the sock heel problem! Yaay Me! Turns out I didn't have to look too far for the answer to the problem. My printer needs ink so I handwrote the heel turning directions from here. Turns out I abbreviated things a little too much. Lost in the translation somewhere was the fact that I was to be knitting 2 together through the gap. I had a six stitch wide heel and it wasn't getting any wider. Yeah....like that was going to fit!

Anyway, I'm back on track and zooming along on those tiny stitches (that I profess to love so much). These socks, with their start as a cushion cover....converted through "Cut and Sew", will be the most unorthodox Foot Snuggies you ever did see. By Saturday I should have a finished sock to show you. (I know, I know........you're hanging on the edge of your seat waiting with baited breath!) I'll try to hurry. ;-)

2 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

Just happened onto your webpage and really like it. You are such a knitting pro !!! I knit now and again. I have pictures of my knitting on my blog, come and see when you have time and leave me a comment, sure would be appreciated. We have the same page format and it is so much fun to see yours. My son-in-law just helped me put on a counter, only we couldn't figure out how to get it placed in the left sidebar. Could you tell me how? He pasted the code into a post and by george, thats where it ended up. Well, I'm just burning up this day on the web, and not regretting it abit. Your knitting inspires me to get started on my next project, and oh yes, finish the one I am on now.

Anonymous said...

Marlene, I love the socks and can't wait to see them finished!